lost speech bubble?

Questions about the Character Builder, primarily for content creators.

lost speech bubble?

Postby petesouthwest on Thu May 04, 2006 12:04 am

Hi

Any ideas as to why my speech bubble doesnt show in my movie?

this is my project:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project loader="standard">
   <include ref="Library/Objects/Bubbles/Bubble1.xml"/>
   <stage size="255,430" id="Stage1">
      <scene id="Scene1" name="Scene 1">
         <presentation id="Pres1" name="Presentation 1">            
            <say>
               <bubble text="Hi"/> Hi <mouthsmile/> <hold/>
            </say>
            <say>
               <bubble text="Please login, using the username and password emailed to you when you registered."/> Please login,using the username and password given <handup/> to you by your teacher.
            </say>
            <say>
               <bubble text=" To get a username and password, and use these pages simply register with us."/> To get a username and password, and use these pages simply register with us.
            </say>

</presentation>
         <rectangle name="Shape 1" position="0,0" size="255,430" stroke="1" wash="vertical" washrgb1="0,102,204" washrgb2="0,51,102" id="Rect1"/>
         <character name="Dave" position="-33,51" animationlibrary="Library/Characters/Dave/Dave.xml" defaultvoice="VW Paul" defaultidle="Library/Idles/Simple.xml" id="Char1"/>
         <bubble1 id="Obj1" name="Bubble 1" position="3,9" target="" authorinfo="Library/Objects/Bubbles/Bubbles.msx[Bubble1]"/>
      </scene>
   </stage>
</project>
petesouthwest

Postby staff on Fri May 05, 2006 6:16 am

Yes - it's a common problem in using the bubble, namely that you need to explicitly set the Target property to the character than the bubble is for, even if there is only one character. Select the bubble in Design View, and look for the Target property on the Property sheet.
staff
Site Admin

Return to Character Builder