What happened to Sandy?

Questions about the Character Builder, primarily for content creators.

What happened to Sandy?

Postby ironfrown on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:17 pm

Am I dreaming? Sandy used to be among the characters available on the web site? What happened to Sandy? I think we even bough Sandy but there is no way of uploading the character!

Jacob
ironfrown

Postby polding on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:59 pm

Ann-Marie has been removed as well. Both were fairly new and fresh. Was there any reason for removing them?
polding

Postby staff on Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Yes, Sandy has been removed from our lineup - we have received complaints about her confusing similarity to a character created by another company. Annmarie has also been temporarily removed while we review a similar claim, though this latter one appears to be unfounded.
staff
Site Admin

Postby polding on Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:05 pm

Amazing! I had no idea something like that would occur.

So, for those of us who are looking to design our own characters, do we need to actively study the competition to make sure we aren't seen to be copying?

I am being sarcastic ... but the issue could be a long running one.

Surely the matter of coincidence can play a part and you (or who ever) need to be proved to have intently copied another's work?

You don't have to respond but it is a little worrying that such legal wording can be attributed to these characters.
polding

Postby staff on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:43 pm

Annmarie is back, incidentally - we had removed her temporarily pending our review - indeed the complaint was completely without basis. Annmarie is one of many fine pieces of work done in this artist's distinctive style, and we look forward to offering more products by 9 lives in the near future.
staff
Site Admin

Return to Character Builder